A funny thing happened when I googled this book

by - 5:30 PM

Link to purchase How to Be Here by Rob Bell
HOW TO BE HERE - ROB BELL

Here I was at the doctor's office trying to kill time. I had recently ordered a book from Amazon that was preparing to ship.

Amazon reviews were good and the author was recently on a news program discussing his book. He was personable and his message resonated with me. I could tell it also resonated with the two hosts of the show. They were eagerly engaged and seemed rather sincere about it.

So, what happened when I googled the book's title - "How To Be Here?" Google gave me directions to where I was. Ha! No wonder the book had paid SEO advertising. Can't compete with Google.

I love the title of the book, but it sparked a thought.  Did the author and publisher evaluate the SEOness of book's title? Did they perform due diligence on Google's competitor space before settling on the title they chose?

Think about it, how productive and cost effective would it be if more brands not only tested copyright and legals regarding availability and use of a name for a new product, but its Google SEO potential and rank. If they researched what the cost of paid search versus organic infiltration were.

Food for thought... think about it and let the thought marinate. Yep!

You May Also Like

0 comments